Mission, Vision and Core Values
To ensure courteous, professional law enforcement, detention, court security and 911 services in partnership with our community.
We want Wayne County to remain a safe and wonderful place to work and raise families. We will strive to achieve this through innovation, technology, training, community friendships and mutual problem solving.
We believe our work has a vital impact on the quality of life in our community. It is our pledge on and off duty to follow the core values represented by the five points on the star we proudly wear.
- Fairness - We will treat all people impartially, with consideration compassion and respect.
- Integrity - We will hold ourselves accountable and without compromise in the highest level of truthfulness and ethical conduct in all matters private and public.
- Professionalism - In the performance of our duty, we will serve our community taking pride in the quality of service, appearance and continued education and training.
- Dedication - We are committed to keeping the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office a leader in public safety by practicing our core values.
- Service - We put service above self. We enforce the law without fear or favor.